StEP Working Groups
The aim of the StEP Working Groups is to foster cooperation and share knowledge between StEP members in order to develop guidance and propose solutions.
The working groups are open to all StEP members. Members of the working group connect on a regular basis through web-based calls.
Current working groups
and their objectives
StEP Regional Working Group for Latin America
- Bring existing knowledge and expertise from StEP members to WEEE stakeholders in LAC countries
- Make success stories, successful developments and achievements in LAC countries beneficial to other regions
- Facilitate communication between StEP members interested in the region
- Share information about ongoing projects and activities in the region implemented by StEP members
StEP Working Group E-Waste Plastics
- Enhance information exchange between StEP members on relevant policy developments, ongoing projects, research results, recycling innovations etc. in the field of E-Waste Plastics.
- Provide guidance and assistance to developing countries in order to identify sustainable solutions for the treatment of E-Waste Plastics.
- Provide a neutral, multi-stakeholder perspective on new policy and regulation developments on a global basis.
- Capacity building and awareness raising for sustainable management of E-Waste Plastics in the view of Circular Economy
StEP Working Group Batteries
- Enhance information exchange between StEP members on relevant policy developments, ongoing projects, research results, recycling innovations etc. in the field of Battery management.
- Provide guidance and assistance to relevant stakeholders (battery manufactures, electronic manufactures, collections points, transportation, recyclers, policy makers, etc.) in developing, emerging and industrialized countries for save handling of Batteries.
- Capacity building and awareness raising for sustainable management of Batteries in the view of Circular Economy