Environmentally Sound Disposal and Recycling of E-waste in Ghana – The GIZ Ghana E-Waste Programme
Date: 28th January 2020
Time: 2pm – 3:30pm CET
Since 2016 the project is assisting the Ghanaian Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) in improving the framework for sustainable e-waste management.
The following areas of activity reflect the project's three levels of intervention:
- The policy framework for sustainable management of e-waste is improved at macro level.
- Economically viable business models are introduced and developed at meso level. This is kick-starting and promoting a sustainable e-waste recycling sector.
- Through capacity development, informal sector players at micro level are enabled to make e-waste management more sustainable and less damaging to the environment and the population's health.
In addition, measures are being implemented to allow the various stakeholders to share their experiences and to set up networks.
During the webinar the project team will present details on the following topics:
- Introduction and Overview of the project
- Transforming Old Fadama Scrap Yard
- Re-designing interfaces between informal and formal recycling sector
- Experience based Policy Advice Approaches
For more information about the project, please visit the project website.
14:00 – 14:10 Welcome and housekeeping – E. Smith
14:10 – 15:00 Project presentation – GIZ Ghana Team
15:00 – 15:30 Discussion